REMOTE 1:1 EXECUTIVE FUNCTION COACHING
The StudyPro specializes in helping students to better plan, manage and complete their work. We provide remote, weekly 1:1 coaching as well as optional weekly check-ins to help students organize and manage their work. For more information, email us at [email protected], call us at 571-321-5800 or complete this brief interest form and we will contact you within the business day.
Utilizing the ZOOM platform, our coaches work interactively to review student assignments, create their “StudyPro Work @Home Plan” (see image below), and establish checkpoints to support work getting done. We help students prioritize, break down (aka “chunk”) assignments and utilize new skills, such as note-taking and interactive study strategies.
THE WEEKLY SESSION:
1:1 Coaching provides the needed structure and accountability that is now required for remote learning. While each session is individualized based on the needs of your student, in a StudyPro session we:
- Plan a daily schedule
- Navigate online learning requirements
- Break down and set assignment goals
- Complete their StudyPro [email protected] Plan (see pic)
- Support communication with teachers
- Develop initiation strategies for getting started, transitioning
- Provide strategies to manage distractions
- Set goals for non-school work / down-time
- Manage long-term goals, such as college planning
In addition to helping students maintain consistency, 1:1 coaching helps students feel connected and supported while also building critical executive function and study skills.
THE BENEFITS OF ONLINE COACHING:
Our goal is to help students develop the skills to work as productively and independently as possible. We want them to benefit from this remote learning experience, by learning and incorporating new strategies that they can use going forward, whether in-person, or online. These strategies include creation / use of:
- visual schedules,
- checklists to complete work,
- color-coding for organization of work and materials,
- online note-taking strategies,
- tech-tools to help manage distractions,
- apps to organize and submit their work (e.g. scannable),
- management of online resources (e.g. emails, google drive, bookmarks),
- and strategies to navigate their homework portals.
Strong executive function skills are required, now more than ever, to manage work and time. So, although this situation is temporary, the skills our students will be developing are not.
OUR COACHES / OUR APPROACH
Anyone can call themselves an Executive Function coach, but not all are. Executive functions help us manage our time, initiate, and plan, which can be difficult for any student, especially when their routines have been so dramatically impacted. Being equipped with the tools and strategies that truly work for students requires very specific training. The StudyPro’s Executive Function coaches are Masters or Ph.D. level educators including special educators, school psychologists, and learning specialists. Our coaches all utilize a consistent and personalized method of planning, prioritization, initiation and time management that align with what is taught in our Study Skills and Strategies course. We have the experience to individualize strategies for every student — from those simply struggling with the transition to online learning, to students with ADHD, executive function challenges and/or other learning differences.
WHO, HOW OFTEN AND PARENT COMMUNICATION:
WHO:Any 4th through 12th grader who would benefit from individualized support to manage their online learning.
HOW OFTEN:The StudyPro is offering weekly and twice-weekly 60-mins sessions* (*50 mins coaching + 10 mins parent communication).
We are also offering 30-mins check-ins, 1 – 4 times weekly. Packages and pricing can be found here.
PARENT COMMUNICATION:Each 60-mins session includes parent communication in the form of:
- Coach-provided email summary of session including work plan, goals, action plan
- Parents to join last 10 mins for summary of session and overview of work and action plan
PRICING / PACKAGES / SCHEDULING:
$150 per 60-mins session (50 mins coaching + 10 mins parent communications (see above)).
$75 per 30-mins check-in session.
Discounts available for 3 or more sessions. See Pricing Sheet for details.
For more information or to set up a coaching session:
• email, us at [email protected]
• call us at 571-321-5800
• or complete this brief interest form
and we will contact you within the business day.