1:1 EXECUTIVE FUNCTION COACHING
The StudyPro specializes in helping students to better plan, manage and complete their work. We offer both remote or in-person coaching.
Executive Function (EF) Coaching focuses on the “process” of school. While tutoring helps students with “content” (aka math, science, etc.), EF coaching helps with the planning, managing, and executing of work across all subjects.
A TYPICAL COACHING SESSION:
1:1 Coaching provides structure and accountability for students as they work to develop their executive function and study skills. While each session is individualized based on the needs of your student, in a typical coaching session students will:
- Plan their weekly schedule by navigating online learning portals
- “Chunk” and set assignment goals
- Complete an individualized Work Plan (see pic)
- Develop initiation strategies to start and transition
- Identify strategies to manage distractions
In addition to the above, coaches work on individualized goals that may include reducing anxiety, perfectionism, and/or procrastination. Coaching notes, along with their weekly plan, are sent after each session.
THE BENEFITS OF INDIVIDUALIZED COACHING:
Our goal is to help students develop skills to work productively and independently. We want students to incorporate new strategies that they will use going forward. Examples of these tools/strategies include creation / use of:
- visual schedules,
- checklists to complete work,
- color-coding for organization of work and materials,
- online note-taking strategies,
- tech-tools to help manage distractions,
- apps to organize and submit their work (e.g. scannable),
- management of online resources (e.g. emails, google drive, bookmarks),
- and strategies to navigate their homework portals.
Strong executive function skills for the base to help students manage an increasingly demanding curriculum.
OUR COACHES / OUR APPROACH
Anyone can call themselves an Executive Function coach, but not all are. Being equipped with the tools and strategies that truly work for students requires very specific training. The StudyPro’s Executive Function coaches are Masters or Ph.D. level educators and are special educators, school psychologists, and/or learning specialists.
Our coaches all utilize a consistent and personalized method of planning, prioritization, initiation and time management that align with what is taught in our Study Skills and Strategies course. We have the experience to individualize strategies for every student — from those simply struggling with the transition to a more demanding curriculum, to students with ADHD, executive dysfunction, and/or other learning differences.
WHO, HOW OFTEN AND PARENT COMMUNICATION:
WHO:Any 4th through 12th grader who would benefit from individualized support to manage their learning.
HOW OFTEN:The StudyPro offers weekly and twice-weekly 60-mins sessions* (*50 mins coaching + 10 mins parent communication).
We are also offer 30-mins check-ins, 1 – 4 times weekly. Packages and pricing can be found here.
Should parents need more sessions, we would highly recommend use of our Homework Center.
PARENT COMMUNICATION:Each 60-mins session includes parent communication in the form of:
- Coach-provided email summary of session including work plan, goals, action plan
- Parents to join last 10 mins for summary of session and overview of work and action plan
PRICING / PACKAGES / SCHEDULING:
$150 per 60-mins session
(50 mins coaching + 10 mins parent communications (see above)).
$75 per 30-mins check-in session.
Discounts available for 5 or more sessions. See Pricing Sheet for details.
For more information or to set up 1:1 coaching:
• email, us at email@example.com
• call us at 571-321-5800
• or complete the brief interest form below