REMOTE COACHED HOMEWORK CENTER
Two of the greatest challenges faced by students are self-motivation and time-management. By joining the coached homework center, students overcome procrastination, get subject-matter support, and leave with their homework done.
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REMOTE HWC
WHAT PARENTS ARE SAYING:
“I can’t tell you how life-changing the Remote Homework Center has been! Throughout middle school, my daughter’s teachers said she was so bright but it was like a part-time job trying to get her to stay on top of her assignments!
I can see her learning the skills and it’s making her so much more confident.
Truly this program has been exactly what she needs!”
Abby T. Mother of a 9th grader.
HOW IT WORKS:
Homework can be both lonely and frustrating for students. Each and every assignment requires self-motivation and initiation. The Remote Homework Center (rHWC) provides a place “to go” that will help students get started, plan and get the help they need in real time – which is exactly when they need it.
Once a student joins the rHWC via ZOOM, they will be greeted by a coach and the planning process will begin.
We help students become more productive and develop new skills by:
Working alongside others (even virtually) and getting needed support will help make the entire process of distance learning easier for all students. There is no time limit per session, so students stay as long as needed.
THE BENEFITS OF AN ONLINE HOMEWORK CENTER:
The Homework Center works because it is a supportive environment that helps students overcome procrastination. Work starts with planning as soon as students join and they are supported throughout their session.
Rather than sitting alone, trying to motivate themselves to start work, students:
- Join a place where “homework gets done”. Instead of experiencing the typical distractions, students are joined by others getting work done, and are partnering with and accountable to coaches to move through their work.
- Receive ”just-in-time” homework support across multiple subjects. Rather than giving up or getting frustrated, students have access to 1:1 support whenever they need it.
- Have a plan. “Taking action” is the first step to reducing both avoidance and anxiety. By creating a plan, students have a way to navigate their work that reduces their stress and helps them get stuff done!
- Schedule productivity! By picking the times you will join the homework center, you are actually scheduling your productivity and not merely relying on internal motivation.
Strong executive function skills are required, now more than ever, to manage work and time. We know how hard online school is (day after day!) and want to help celebrate student successes during this time.
OUR HOMEWORK CENTER COACHES:
Our rHWC Coaches are teachers who are subject-matter experts in Science, Math, and Humanities and are able to support these subjects for students in 4th – 12th grade. Coaches will be available throughout each rHWC session to ensure students get help when needed. They will assist students in creating and working through an achievable plan for each session and be an “accountability coach” to help them persevere.
WHO, WHEN AND PARENT COMMUNICATION:
WHO: Any 4th through 12th grader who would benefit from support starting, planning and completing their distance learning schoolwork.
WHEN: The StudyPro Remote Homework Center is online:
Sundays: 11 pm – 5 pm
Mondays – Thursdays: 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Students can participate in any session and can stay as long as needed, but must pre-register. If students want to join (even at the last minute), simply email us and we can set them up.
PARENT COMMUNICATION: After each rHWC session, parents and students will receive a “Notes and Next Steps” email providing a summary of the student’s session, success and next homework steps.
PRICING / SCHEDULING:
New students can purchase a “Try out The HWC” 2-pack.
Returning students can purchase single sessions, 5-packs, and 4-week memberships
• When scheduling online, please select the date and approximate time of arrival.
• Sessions have no time limits. Students can stay as long as they need to complete their work and/or come and go as needed.
For more information or questions:
• email us at email@example.com
• call us at 571-321-5800
• or complete this brief interest form and we will contact you within the business day.