“The Power of Meditation for Less Stress (at School and Home!)”
Sat. April 13th | 1:30pm – 3PM | FREE
A Family Workshop Featuring:
- Dr. Bill Stixrud, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Author and Founder of The Stixrud Group
- Dr. Jamie Grant, Director, Stress-Free Schools
The drive to get good grades, get into a great college and ramp up our resumes, makes teenagers the most stressed group of people in America(1). Meditation has been proven to help by reducing stress and anxiety, improving attention and memory, and even promoting self-regulation and empathy.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Why it matters to meditate
- How meditation fits into overall wellness
- Common objections about meditation (and how to overcome them)
- How Transcendental Meditation, a specific type of meditation, can be particularly helpful
Attendees will also learn several breathing techniques that can be used both to reduce stress in the moment and to help improve sleep.