1:1 WRITING COACHING
FOR 4TH GRADE THROUGH COLLEGE-AGE STUDENTS
Every student has the potential to be a great writer.
Engaging and personalized, writing coaching takes inventory of a student’s writing skills as well as areas for growth to create the path to an inspired and confident writer.
Writing coaches work on EVERY TYPE OF WRITING from ongoing school assignments to one-time application and personal essays.
Our goal is to BUILD WRITING SKILLS, including how to:
- Translate ideas from thoughts to paper
- Add greater details and depth to writing
- Effectively research and draw a conclusion
- Incorporate revision and editing strategies
- Create differentiation and uniqueness in writing
- Ensure full assignment expecations are met
To inquire or schedule writing coaching, please complete the interest form below, email us, or call us at 571-321-5800
OUR COACHES / OUR APPROACH
Great coaches help to make great writers
The StudyPro writing coaches are English professors, high school writing instructors, and authors. They are passionate about writing and understand that the way you learn to write is through practice. We work with students to expand their skills in every part of the writing process, helping them try new approaches in order to discover what works for them and implement those strategies going forward.
HOW IT WORKS
Students meet with their writing coach weekly or can schedule sessions “as needed” to tackle large assignments and/or school applications.
- Sessions can be once a week or more as needed.
- Students will end the session with a goals list that includes writing next steps and strategies covered.
Goals of the writing coaching sessions:
STRATEGIES-FOCUSED STUDENT FEEDBACK
Providing feedback that focuses on the process of developing skills and conveys the importance of effort is what motivates students to persist when learning.
After each session, coaches will provide an email for students and parents summarizing:
- What was worked on
- Strategies used and taught
- Work still to be completed
- Next session date, time and goals
We want students to know that their writing skills can be developed through dedication and hard work on the skills we have covered, and that they are fully in control of both.
PRICING / PACKAGES / SCHEDULING:
- Sessions can be weekly, twice a week or customized for a specific assignment / essay.
- Sessions will be either 1 hour or 90 mins based on need.
COST: $110 / hour
Discounts available for 5 or more sessions. See Pricing Sheet for details.
For more information or to set up a coaching session:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- complete the interest form below
- call us at 571-321-5800